You are here
Dr. Ruwantissa Abeyratne
Mr. John V. Augustin
Ms. Jimena Blumenkron
Mr. Adrian Cioranu
Mr. Moscou (Syd) Côté
Dr. Pierre Coutu
Mr. Alan D’Souza
Me. Aurthur Eberg
Mr. Mohamed Elamiri
Mr. Rod Heitmeyer
Mr. Peter Janssen
Mr. Manfred Krull
Mr. Vivek Pattanayak
Mme. Ghislaine Richard
Mr. Vijay Singh
Me. Mathieu Vaugeois
Dr. Ludwig Weber
Vice Chairman Mr. Peter Janssen called the Meeting to order at 12:15hrs. on behalf of Chairman Dr. Charles Bedard, welcoming the Guest Speaker
Mr. George Petsikas – President, National Airlines Council of Canada –, Legal Council & Senior Director, Government & Industry Affairs, Air TRANSAT and Ms. Nadia Lefevbre – Corporate Sales Manager & Owner, WESTJET (the Wine service during the Luncheon was sponsored by WESTJET Airways), the Members and the many other various distinguished Guests present.
The attending Guest list was as follows:
MR. GEORGE PETSIKAS – GUEST SPEAKER
- Chairman Charles Bedard welcomed the participants and stated that he hoped that this get together would generate needed revitalization, enthusiasm and more activity for IFFAAD in the coming year 2012.He then called on Peter Janssen to proceed with the meeting.
It was stated that the Foundation was in urgent need of new Members.
- Chairman Charles Bedard welcomed the participants, with a special welcome to Mr. Benjamin Raymond – Secretary General of ICAO.
He then called on Dr. Sanat Kaul to proceed with the meeting.
Dr. Kaul proceeded to mention the up-coming IFFAAD Workshop & Conference scheduled to be held in New Delhi in December 2011, in cooperation with McGill University-Montreal & The University of Law-New Delhi, and invited all present to make every effort to attend.
- In the introductory speech (attached) by the Chairman the background to development of issues regarding aviation and climate change in ICAO was explained and how the European Union has taken upon itself to introduce unilaterally emission trading system for all commercial aircrafts coming into EU from 1st January, 2012. Then Dr. Panagotis
- MINUTES OF THE LUNCHEON MEETING HELD AT THE MARRIOTT CHATEAU CHAMPLAIN HOTEL , MONTREAL ON MAY 10, 2011.
Vice Chairman Mr. Peter Janssen called the Meeting to order at 12:00 hrs. on behalf of Chairman Dr. Charles Bedard, welcoming the Guest Speaker Prof. Paul Fitzgerald, special guests Dr. Assad Kotaite, Mr. Pierre Jeanniot, Mr. Mohammed Riyaz Saduddeen, Country Manager - Qatar Airways, Toronto (the Wine Service was sponsored by Qatar Airways), and the many other distinguished guests from Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa.
- President Dr. Charles M. Bedard called the Meeting to order at 12:00 hrs., welcoming the Guest
Speakers Hon. Jacques Saada and
H.E. Jean Christophe Chouvet.
Master of Ceremonies – Executive Director Mr. Peter Janssen, introduced Ambassador Jean
Christophe Chouvet, and invited him to the Podium.
H. E. Chouvet spoke on .......Speech included as an attachment.
This was followed by Lunch, specially prepared by the Chef of the Marriott Château Champlain
under special advisement from the General Manager, for this elite group in attendance.
- 1. An informal meeting was held at Le Caveau Restaurant , Montreal on September 15, 2009 at 12:00 noon.
2. Chairman Charles Bedard welcomed all present and thanked them for taking the time to be present.
3. There were general discussions on various topics.
4. Dr. Kotaite addressed the Members on the general worldwide situation of Civil Aviation.
5. Dr. Kaul spoke on the activities of the International Foundation for Aviation & Development in India.
6. Mr. Lombolu spoke on Civil Aviation in Africa.
7. Mr. Mishra spoke on the same subject in reference to India.
Initiating the discussion, the Chairman thanked
Dr.Assad Kotaite for agreeing to meet with the members of the
Foundation. He expressed that in the meeting held on July 19,
2005 with limited number of persons, some topics which could
be taken up by IFAD for studies were discussed and further
elaborated. A copy of these decisions so taken were circulated
to all present as part of the agenda for the meeting.
It was pointed out that IFAD could consider taking up some of
these issues to start with so as to provide a critical thinking on
- The following decisions were taken :
1. There is a need to properly promote the Mission Statement and
Objectives of IFAD. It was felt that IFAD should concentrate on
issues of co-operation and matters of concern by stake holders.
Dr. Viajy Singh was requested to draft the Mission Statement as
well as the Objectives.
2. Thereafter the issues discussed were relating to topics that
IFAD should research on, come out with scientific findings and
thereafter discuss it at the general meeting of IFAD and then
take up the matter with the concerned people, ICAO stake